Breaking News: Taylor Swift responds to Kim Kardashian’s recent comments with a firm but polite message: ‘I don’t have time for petty drama, but I think you could use a lesson in kindness and respect.’ Swift’s statement is a clear indication that she’s not going to engage in any back-and-forth with Kardashian

Kim Kardashian’s recent comments

has opened up about the altercation in an interview with the outlet.

She claimed that the public fallout felt like “a career death,” saying: “Make no mistake — my career was taken away from me.”

Taylor explained: “You have a fully manufactured frame job, in an illegally recorded phone call, which Kim Kardashian edited and then put out to say to everyone that I was a liar.”That took me down psychologically to a place I’ve never been before. I moved to a foreign country. I didn’t leave a rental house for a year. I was afraid to get on phone calls.”

She continued: “I pushed away most people in my life because I didn’t trust anyone anymore. I went down really, really hard.”

Taylor’s next 2017 album Reputation was said to be largely focused on her experience with the incident.

The songwriter’s choice to use snake imagery in the album was claimed to be a veiled reference to Kim, which reignited the war between the celebrities and their fandoms.”I thought that moment of backlash was going to define me negatively for the rest of my life,” she noted.

Taylor also spoke about how a life of fame can be fickle, adding: “Nothing is permanent. So I’m very careful to be grateful every second that I get to be doing this at this level, because I’ve had it taken away from me before.

“There is one thing I’ve learned: My response to anything that happens, good or bad, is to keep making things. Keep making art.

“But I’ve also learned there’s no point in actively trying to quote unquote defeat your enemies. Trash takes itself out every single time.”

NEWS58 mins ago