Breaking News : Taylor Swift has provided a somber update regarding her mother’s cancer fight…

Taylor Swift has provided

shared a sad family update on her Tumblr this morning (April 9): Her mom, Andrea, has been diagnosed with cancer.

“This is something my family and I thought you should know about now,” Swift wrote. Swift shared that she asked her mom to get screened for health issues as a Christmas gift to her this past year, to ease some worries. Unfortunately, the results came back and revealed she does have cancer.

Swift says she’s sharing the information because she hopes this will encourage her fans to encourage their own parents to be proactive about their health. I’m writing to you with an update I wish I wasn’t giving you, but it’s important and I’m used to sharing important events in my life with you. Usually when things happen to me, I process them and then write music about how I feel, and you hear it much later. This is something my family and I thought you should know about now.

For Christmas this year, I asked my mom that one of her gifts to me be her going to the doctor to get screened for any health issues, just to ease some worries of mine. She agreed, and went in to get checked. There were no red flags and she felt perfectly fine, but she did it just to get me and my brother off her case about it.

NEWS24 mins ago